Sex. Pelvic Floor. Orgasm. Scar Tissue. Shame. Birth. Vulva.
Do these words have any charge for you?
If you are like most women, these topics can hold a loaded mix of curiosity, pain, and delight.
Kimberly Ann Johnson, author of the recently released book The Fourth Trimester: A Postpartum Guide to Healing Your Body, Balancing Your Emotions and Restoring Your Vitality, has an incredible gift of breaking down these topics with a wealth of expertise, grace, and grounded-ness that is truly unparalleled . They way Kimberly speaks to all things sex, birth, and women’s health is a breath of real talk fresh air - dialogue that makes you feel safe, enlivened, and deeply relieved all at the same time.
It was truly an honor to have Kimberly on the show. She speaks to this important terrain of embodiment for women that is often overlooked yet incredibly essential. I hope you enjoy this episode - it’s a life changer.
In this episode we discussed:
- The meaning of the word “Maga” & a new archetype of women
- How and why sexuality is an integral part of embodiment
- Why only spiritual framing of sexual trauma doesn’t actually lead us to full healing, integration, & embodiment
- The normalcy of emotion in orgasm
- What uninhibited sexuality and birth can look like & give us
- Why post birth injuries & sexual challenges aren’t a life sentence
- First step to unraveling shame with our sexuality
- The polarization of the vagina as the mundane, most normal human experience AND also the most powerful sacred part of life.
- Kimberly’s journey of healing her postpartum scar tissue & prolapse after the birth of her daughter
- The role of scar tissue in postpartum health & healing
- The important role of predator energy in our nervous system
- Kimberly’s response to the MeToo movement
Kimberly Ann Johnson is the founder of Magamama.com, an international holistic women’s health care resource for expectant and new mothers. She is the co-founder of the STREAM School for Postpartum Care, where she trains birth professionals, yoga teachers, somatic therapists, and bodyworkers to help women prepare for birth and recover from birth. She conducts workshops and trainings internationally and online, teaching thousands of women and birth professionals about postpartum care, self-care for new mothers, and sexual health. She is the author of The Fourth Trimester, A Postpartum Guide to Healing Your Body, Balancing Your Emotions and Restoring Your Vitality.
+++ SHARE THE MEDICINE WITH YOUR SISTERS +++
If you were served by this episode, please share with your tribe, subscribe, and leave a rating or review by clicking HERE
+++ CONTRIBUTE +++
Embodied Empowered Engaged is a one woman show. Yup, every part of the process from the recording, editing, building, and uploading is a free offering & labor of love directly from my heart.
If you feel inspired to support the cause, you can send a financial contribution HERE